Chinoiserie Blue and White Peony Lotus Mini Jar is new to our collection but sure to become a favorite. This Antique Reproduction Porcelain was handmade in Jingdezhen, China by the finest artisans. In order to create the appearance of a one-of-a-kind patina, the artisans will use traditional methods to create the porcelain and then bury them underground. Order today and place this accent piece in any room to liven it up!
- Expect a minor variation of color, shape, and size as this is a handmade product
- Desirable imperfections that are part of its character
- Crafted by artisans
Luxe Curations provides this beautifully handcrafted jar along with other porcelain jars that are of similar quality and aesthetic. Make sure to browse other home decor items on our website.
- Width: 5.00 (in) Height: 7.50 (in) Depth: 5.00 (in)
- Origin: Jingdezhen, China
* Please note that this piece will be shipped in its antiquated condition (as pictured) but depending on your preference, you may choose to remove some or all of the patina. We recommend using a soft wash cloth and gentle dish soap.
FACTS & HISTORY: Jingdezhen porcelain (Chinese: 景德镇陶瓷) is Chinese porcelain produced in or near Jingdezhen in Jiangxi province in southern China. Jingdezhen may have produced pottery as early as the sixth century CE, though it is named after the reign name of Emperor Zhenzong, in whose reign it became a major kiln site, around 1004. By the 14th century it had become the largest centre of production of Chinese porcelain, which it has remained, increasing its dominance in subsequent centuries. From the Ming period onwards, official kilns in Jingdezhen were controlled by the emperor, making imperial porcelain in large quantity for the court and the emperor to give as gifts.